Call for Scripts!
We are very excited to announce that we are now accepting submissions for the Searcy Radio Play Podcast Contest! Please see below to learn how you might win our $1000 grand prize!
Searcy Radio Play Podcast Contest
The Writing Opportunity
We are running a contest to select a single Indiana-based/previous Indiana native writer to create a new 5 – 11 episode radio play podcast series. Each episode should be between 10 and 20 minutes long. The winner of this contest would receive the following:
1. $1000 in prize money
2. Production of the submitted podcast
3. Producer and writer credits
4. Share in the royalties from the podcast
If you are interested, please view the following Script and Playwright requirements below and submit via the online form by 11:59pm on July 4th, 2022. The top 3 finalists will be contacted by July 31st for a virtual or in-person interview and potentially a writing assignment. The winner will be selected by the end of August 2022.
1. Cover Letter
2. Writing Resume
- If no formal resume, please list your past experiences that may be relevant.
3. Podcast Episode Overview
- Includes series synopsis and the intended audience
- See sample:
4. Episode Outline
- Title of each episode
- 1-3 sentence description of each episode
- See sample:
5. Character List & Description
- Include all characters you envision being in the series
- See sample:
6. One Completed Episode Script Draft
- Should be between 10 and 22 pages long
- Pages must be formatted properly
- For examples of formatting, please click HERE
Please note: We understand things may change throughout the life and creation of the piece. We do NOT expect these materials to match with the finished product. We just ask you do your best to be truthful about the story as you see it unfolding today.
1. You are a current Indiana resident OR have lived in Indiana for 5 years or more at different points in your life.
2. Must have or be willing to create a Theatre Unchained Talent Profile. There is a direct link on the submission form, or you can click the 'Talent' button at the bottom of this page.
3. Must be willing to work in a collaborative environment, adhere to deadlines, and be open to feedback throughout the development of the piece.
4. Must be comfortable working with the deadline of having production-ready scripts by June 2023 and having episodes in production as early as September 2023.
5. Submissions must be done through our online submission form.
Ready to Submit?
JOIN OUR DATABASE
Want to work with us? Submit to one of our databases below or enter 'The Lair' to join our mailing list to ensure you never miss a beat!
Please note, we are not yet accepting script submissions at this time. If you want to ensure you don't miss out on any submission calls, please join our 'Talent' database and like us on social media. Thank you!